Outcomes of the Course:
- Learn in depth content surrounding personal finance to learners in a fun and engaging way
- Apply an 8 forms of capital in the application of understanding wealth and the role of money
- Map out the 5 pillars of money: Save, Earn, Give, Spend & Invest in the daily application and use of money management
- Apply the skills of virtues in action eg: Needs versus Wants, Self control in the practice of financial decision making
- This course is suitable for ages 13 and up
What the Course will Cover
8 forms of Capital by Permaculture Experts
5 Pillars of Money, Save, Earn, Give, Spend & Invest
Habits of Mind: virtues in Action
Full access to Online course materials for Future of Work and Money.
- 8 forms of capital for a flourishing life
- What are Money Narratives
- Create your own Money Monster
- 5 pillars of money - Save, Earn, Give, Spend & Invest
- How do different professionals handle their budget
- Money & Me: My personal Budget exercise
- Habits of mind 1: Self Control
- Habits of mind 2: Good Debt and Bad Debt
- Access WhyMoolah Simulation App
The speakers were fun!
– Becky, 12 years old
I liked that it was engaging!
– Faith, 13 years old
I attended the Financial-Emotional Workshop after my dad suggested me to pick up some new skills and knowledge that is usually not taught in schools. It will be useful for me in the future. In the course, I learnt about the eight forms of capital, five money behaviour types and more. I watched an interesting video on “Future for Health” where we would then need to identify which capitals were used. Now, I have a better understanding on money. Other than that, learning about other forms of capital flowing around me makes me more aware of their relationships. What was memorable to me was that I self-discovered that I am a “Treasure Collector” with many special possessions too 😊!
– Claire Chee, 14 years old
The people at PlayMoolah are a rare breed. We worked with them over the course of a year to develop and execute a financial literacy program for children in the community. The team was unfailingly passionate about the specific needs of the community, often going out of their way to better understand and creatively adjust to the circumstances of the individual beneficiaries of the programme. Their wholehearted commitment to their work is not only professional but also incredibly inspiring! The children thoroughly enjoyed the classes as well. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to raise levels of financial literacy in the community.
– Jaclyn Seow Program Lead from the Boonlay PA Community
As seen in:
Feel free to let us know and we will get in touch with you! We will be in touch within 24-48 hours.